Another interesting error came up today when I was working on a project remotely using Team Foundation Server. It seems that I pulled down latest version and attempted to rebuild the application when this error popped up.
ASP.NET 2.0 & “allowDefinition=’MachineToApplication'”
So after some poking around I noticed that somehow the folder mappings or something had gotten messed up and I had an additional copy of the project files in a directory of my project and it was the additional web.config file that was actually giving the error. so I deleted the folder and bingo everything was kosher again.
Hopefully this helps someone avoid a little unneeded heartburn in the future.
Powered by ScribeFire.